Darjeeling Queen of Hills
Darjeeling is one of the most famous and picturesque hill stations in North Bengal and its tea plantations are famous all over the world. Darjeeling is at an altitude of 2,050 meters above sea level and the weather is always cold. Darjeeling is very diverse in culture. If you are interested in Darjeeling people's culture, food and festivals, I recommend the Darjeeling Tours package. Losar is the Darjeeling New Year and is celebrated between January and February depending on the lunar calendar.
Darjeeling is a famous tourist destination in northeastern India where people come to experience the pristine natural beauty. Darjeeling (Queen of the Hills) is the perfect place to experience beautiful scenery and a unique way of life with its monuments, temples, and monasteries. Be mesmerized by the dazzling snow-capped peaks of Kanchenjunga overlooking the mountain town. Beautiful tea gardens on rolling hillsides, orchids, pines, rhododendrons, and a cute Himalayan toy train whistling through the mountains.
Our company offers the best Darjeeling tour packages in Siliguri. Darjeeling is home to Kanchenjunga, the third-highest mountain visible from here, and offers beautiful views at the summit. Darjeeling tourism is also very famous for Tiger He Hill in India and around the world. A perfect place to enjoy the sunrise and sunset among the mountains in its fiery splendour.
Places to Visit in Darjeeling
Darjeeling can be visited at any time of the year, depending on your preferences. For clear skies and breathtaking views of Mount Kanchenjunga, visit Darjeeling in summer or spring. However, if you want Darjeeling to be less crowded, visit Darjeeling between July and September. Nevertheless, whenever you travel to Darjeeling, you are always accompanied by stunning mountains, rolling terrain, various tourist attractions, and lush green tea gardens.
Darjeeling is packed with surprises and that is why there are so many things and activities you can do and do in Darjeeling with our Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Package.
- Ride a Toy Train: Darjeeling is famous for its toy trains. The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the rolling countryside of Darjeeling on a toy train ride.
- Watch the Sunrise from Tiger Hill: Wake up early to see a spectacular sunrise over the snow-capped Kanchenjunga Mountain.
- Teesta River Rafting: Enjoy an intense outdoor activity called river rafting. Have an exciting experience in your life.
- Climbing: Test your strength and endurance by climbing Tenzing Rock and Gong Block.
- Shopping: The Tibetan Self-Help Centre offers a wide variety of handicrafts, carpets, leather jackets, coats, and jewellery. Shop for sweaters, hats, and scarves at the famous Bhutia Market.
- Trekking: Trek through the unexplored hills of Darjeeling. Hiking at Sandakphu, the highest point in West Bengal.
- Reaching Darjeeling is not difficult as it is the most popular summer Tourist destination in the entire North East of India.
- By Air : The nearest airport to Darjeeling is Bagdogra Airport, about 70 km from Darjeeling.
- By Train : The nearest train station from Darjeeling is New Jalpaiguri Junction. The railway station is 72 km from the city and has good connections to other major cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bangalore. The journey usually takes 7 hours, enjoying all the scenic attractions of these hilly roads.
- By Car : Darjeeling is easily accessible by car. It usually takes around 3 hours from Siliguri to Darjeeling.